Career Development: Older Worker
Job Search Resources
Below you will find information on job searching, résumé writing and the interview process. You may also want to visit job banks to see what jobs are available.
Job Search Techniques
- Finding a Job
- A Guide to Conducting an Effective Job Search ( 563 KB) - This guide will help support you through a job search process. You will learn how to prepare for a job search, research jobs, network and negotiate offers.
- A Guide to Completing Applications ( 545 KB) - After reviewing this guide you will be able to prepare and collect employer information prior to the application process, create and use a master application and complete all sections of an application form.
Cover Letter and Résumé Writing
- Résumé and Cover Letter Builder - This tool will help you write an effective résumé and cover letter that will get noticed by employers.
- Common Questions about Résumés
- Types of Résumés - includes samples of résumés and cover letters
- A Guide to Writing Cover Letters and Other Employment Related Letters
( 563 KB)- This guide will help you write an effective cover letter. It includes information about targeted cover letters, emailing cover letters and other types of letters (e.g. thank you letters).
- A Guide to Writing Resumes ( 2.09 MB) - This is a guide to writing an effective resume that is visually appealing, targeted to the job and will get noticed by employers.
Preparing for an Interview
- The Road to a Successful Interview
- Developing Interview Skills
- Job Interview Question Collections for Job-Seekers
- Ace the Interview
- A Guide to Outstanding Interviews
( 915 KB)- This guide will help you prepare for interviews so you can effectively demonstrate your skills, experience and talents.
- A Guide to Building a Career Portfolio
( 1.33 MB)
This guide will help you effectively build a portfolio. It will walk you through the process of collecting, selecting and organizing the content of your portfolio and show you how to effectively use it for career planning and job search.
- Popular list of Job Banks
Job Search Option for Those Re-Entering the Workforce after Retirement
Success in the Workplace
- A Guide to Success in the Workplace ( 769 KB) - Whether it is your first day on the job or your 10th year on the job, the tips and activities in this guide will help you to reach your full potential at work.